SATCOM Aviation Specialist
Aviation Technical Specialist - Central London, London - £60,000 to 75,000 pa + Bonus
A world leader in mobile satellite communications is recruiting for a senior level SATCOM Engineer to work from their London office. This is an exciting technical role in a 400 strong organisation working alongside the companys sales team. Your role is to provide technical expertise to major aerospace companies on a range of SATCOM products and also guidance to another of internal stakeholders.
The idea candidate will have worked in the design or integration of SATCOM systems on aircraft and be confident in a customer facing role.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
This is a key external-facing position within the Enterprise Aviation team responsible for ensuring customers, partners and prospects have access to technical support and expertise to promote and grow Enterprise Aviation sales and support solutions and business development initiatives at the company, partner and customer level.
The principal role is to support overall revenue performance and growth for the Enterprise Aviation portfolio in the Air Transport market segment. This will include in-depth technical support, technical sales and implementation/trouble-shooting support to partners and customers plus support of partner sales and business development activities. The post-holder will be the main technical authority supporting the Enterprise Aviation team and will play a key part in promoting the companies portfolio to the global aviation community
- Provide technical sale support at key customer and partner meetings and negotiations
- From a technical perspective promote solutions for Aviation to the broader external and internal audience
- Represent technical interests and provide technical input in all relevant internal and external dialogue and meetings
- Identify technologies, applications and solutions that will facilitate the business unit achieve its commercial objectives
- Support wider vertical and Group interaction regarding technical aspects of the portfolio as necessary to expedite solutions and identify synergies with wider business areas.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Msc/MEng in a relevant technical degree (satellite communications / telecommunications / aeronautical engineering)
- Experience in a technical support / product development position within the aviation satcom industry
- In depth knowledge of the fundamentals of satcom communication systems link budgets, propagation etc.
- Clear and concise communication skills; ability to articulate technical material to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Commercially astute; proven ability to influence customer interactions and requirements in line with wider divisional/corporate goals.
- Additional foreign language skills are advantageous, as the role will require working with partners and customers across the globe. Our client operates in an international environment, with a multi-cultural and multi-national work force, partnership and clients.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : City of London
Salary : £60k - £75k pa + Bonus
Date Advertised : 10 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.